45 COMMUNIST GOALS
by Dr. Cleon Skousen
08 Jan 1958
The following is a list of Current Communist Goals as revealed by
Dr. Cleon Skousen in The Naked Communist, written in 1958 and
read into the Congressional Record in 1963. While they may be
masqueraded under the guise of something other than communism,
the final result is the same – the dissolution of the Constitutional
Republic that is the foundation of the United States of America. It’s
interesting that Representative Herlong Jr was a member of the
Democratic Party, the very party that has been largely enveloped
by those with Communist and Socialist beliefs. Let’s see where we
are in 2016. As you read, keep in mind that this list was written
in 1958 with Comments added later as appropriate.
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35, January 10, 1963
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR., (D)
OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla.,
is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently
published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose
of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under
unanimous consent, thefollowing "Current Communist Goals,"
which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist,"
by Cleon Skousen:
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS - 1958
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS - 1958
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war. (CHECK. Presidents (both parties) have routinely supported U.N. 2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. (CHECK. #44 has made a systematic effort to decrease the U.S. number 3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States
(CHECK. #44 not only apologizes for our strengths, but works to 4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist
(CHECK) 5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
measures that subject our sovereign power to the U.N.)
of nuclear warheads while our enemies continue to grow theirs.)
would be a demonstration of moral strength.
undermine them in the name of moral strength.)
affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
(CHECK. Presidents (both parties) have routinely supported U.N.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
(CHECK. #44 has made a systematic effort to decrease the U.S. number
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States
(CHECK. #44 not only apologizes for our strengths, but works to
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
(CHECK. Currently this refers not only to Communist domination, but also
to Radical Islamic domination, i.e. Al Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas, etc.)
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of
Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free
elections under supervision of the U.N.
(CHECK. 1961 - remember, this list was written in 1958.)
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States
has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
(CHECK. Even in 2013 the conference is still going on.)
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten,
demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own
independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world
can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these
two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
(CHECK. Agenda 21.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
(CHECK – is it illegal? Nope, these days we are surrounded by mindless
twits who think "Socialism is Cool".)
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
(CHECK. Note the continued degradation of The Pledge of Allegiance
and the systematic removal from schools and community government
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
(CHECK. Not only does Russia have access, the entire world has
access via the USPTO website.)
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
(CHECK. The Democratic Party ideals are largely communistic in
nature whether or not they want to recognize or admit it.)
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American
institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
(CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. Too many examples to list.)
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for
socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum.
Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
(CHECK, and none are so insidious as the NEA.)
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
(CHECK. Control the schools, control their media.)
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs
or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments,
editorial writing, policymaking positions.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments,
(CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. Too many to list, but the
December 30, 2012 Op-Ed favoring dumping The Constitution
is a good example.)
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
(CHECK, CHECK, CHECK.)
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of
artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to
"eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute
shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
(CHECK. Look around. How many sculptures do you look at and ask,
what the heck is that supposed to be?)
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to
promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
(CHECK. Jesus on the Cross in urine, Mary surrounded by multiple
buttocks with elephant dung, etc. all praised as "art". I won’t give
the artists the dignity of mentioning their names.)
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship"
and a violation of free speech and free press.
(CHECK. Many of us remember George Carlin’s Seven Forbidden Words.
While all of them can now be heard on cable channels, most of them
can be heard on even network television.)
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography
and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
(CHECK. In 1953, the word "pregnant" could not be said on the
I Love Lucy Show. We can all name shows where married couples had
twin beds. Now, anything goes and what is on even network television
used to be referred to as pornography.)
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal,
(CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. The point here? Undermine the family unit
and weaken the community by creating single parent homes and
non-reproductive couples. However, as many same-sex couples do
have the desire to have children, this aspect of the mission has failed
to a degree. The irony is that most "isms" consider homosexuality as
offensive, however, as with anything else, it provides a means to their
ends and the homosexual population are too eager to join the cause
without knowing the history behind the "acceptance". )
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social"
religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual
maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
(CHECK, CHECK, CHECK.)
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the
schools on the ground that it violates the principal of "separation
of church and state."
(CHECK. The ACLU and atheist groups have made this their primary
mission. And the ignorance of the American people and the courts
have allowed it to continue. THERE IS NO SEPARATION OF
CHURCH AND STATE CLAUSE IN THE CONSTITUTION.)
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate,
old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to
cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
(CHECK. See #20. Even sadder, a few years ago, a man referred
to The Constitution as "just a 200-year-old piece of paper".)
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as
selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching
of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the
"big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the
Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over
any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs,
mental health clinics, etc.
(CHECK. Wilson, FDR, LBJ, and the hits keep coming under
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the
operation of the Communist apparatus.
(In progress. The EPA and onslaught of Executive Orders are two
of the strongest examples of completely bypassing the checks and
balances created in the Constitution.)
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
(CHECK. Renamed to Internal Security Committee in 1969 and
eliminated in 1975. In 1959 Truman called it "the most un-American
thing in the country today.")
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
(CHECK especially under #44's term.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions (CHECK. We all remember SEIU President Andy Stearn’s Marxist 37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
(CHECK. If you can’t infiltrate, create your own. Think "Global 38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social (CHECK to the 2nd statement. We all remember when it was 39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health 40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity
(CHECK. See 22-28. In 1950 there were 385,144 divorces. 41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the (CHECK. Rather than raising children away from parents, this 42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are
(CHECK. Three words – Occupy Wall Street.) 43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native
(CHECK. If not all, certainly several. Mau Mau Uprising anyone? 44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
(CHECK. In 1999 the U.S. handed the Panama Canal over to 45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States (
tribute when he announced Workers of " The World Unite. "
Here’s #44 saying his presidency will be for the SEIU.)
Warming" and Green Energy.)
agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders
which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
widely accepted that some people are just plain mean. Now, the
blame has to be shifted to some ethereal psychiatric disorder
so that the person can be held harmless for their deeds.)
laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who
oppose Communist goals.
and easy divorce.
By 2009 that number has jumped to 2,318,615.)
negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks
and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
was accomplished through removing parental guidance in the
home and the promotion of ideas like freedom of expression,
being your child’s best friend, removal of rules in the home by
"training" parents that discipline was bad for their child’s
legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and
special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["]
to solve economic, political or social problems.
populations are ready for self-government.
Hmmm, what rings about the Mau Mau Uprising? Oh yes, it took
place in Kenya, home of #44′s "father".)
the corrupt government of Panama. Panama subsequently
signed a 50-year lease for two ports at each end of the Canal
with Hong Kong’s Hutchison Whampoa Company, run by
Li Ka-shing, who is closely associated with the Beijing regime.
This gave China’s Communist Party de facto control over the
most strategic waterway in the West.)
cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction
over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction
over nations and individuals alike.
introduced into the Senate S. Res. 94 to repeal the Connally
Reservation. This was followed by H. Res. 267 was introduced in
favor of Humphrey’s bill. While no official repeal is found in the
Congressional records it is widely known that #44 and his
supporters favor acquiescing to international law in U.S. cases.)
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions
(CHECK. We all remember SEIU President Andy Stearn’s Marxist
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
(CHECK. If you can’t infiltrate, create your own. Think "Global
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social
(CHECK to the 2nd statement. We all remember when it was
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity
(CHECK. See 22-28. In 1950 there were 385,144 divorces.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the
(CHECK. Rather than raising children away from parents, this
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are
(CHECK. Three words – Occupy Wall Street.)
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native
(CHECK. If not all, certainly several. Mau Mau Uprising anyone?
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
(CHECK. In 1999 the U.S. handed the Panama Canal over to
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States
(IN PROGRESS. In the following year, 1959, Hubert Humphrey